Space Lates are our after-hour evening events with a focus on all things space and science.
Space Lates is an evening created for people who want to know more – those who have an interest in astronomy, space missions, and the exciting research happening here in the UK, around the world, and out in space.
For each Space Lates, we curate a special evening packed with guest speakers, planetarium shows, artefact handling, crafts, and stargazing.
You’ll also have the chance to explore our galleries and Rocket Tower after-hours, and if the weather is clear, gaze through a telescope with the Leicester Astronomical Society.
Save the date – 2019 Space Lates
- Saturday 12 January 2019 – Deep Space
- Saturday 02 March 2019 – 50 years since Apollo 9
- Saturday 18 May 2019 – 50 years since Apollo 10
- Saturday 20 July 2019 – 50 years since Apollo 11!
- Saturday 05 Oct 2019 – World Space Week
- Saturday 16 Nov 2019 – 50 years since Apollo 12
Time: 18:00-21:00, Price: £6
A Note on Age Range:
All Spaces Lates are aimed at an adult and family audience. You don’t need a science background to enjoy them, but older children and adults will get the most from the evening.
With younger children, parents will need to decide if children are happy to sit through 30 minute talks, but the content should be accessible and engaging.
Crafts have been designed to be fun for all ages.